Wednesday 9 October 2013

My Autumn Nails: Alchimie by Chanel



There is something about Chanel nail colours that make me a little giddy. Every season, the “classic and trend-defining shades from the runways of Paris” have woman all over the globe lusting after the latest limited edition.
Some may say it’s down to the superior formulation, the unique shades so perfectly matched to seasonal trends, or maybe the ease of application and product consistency. 

However, I will admit that I love Chanel nail colours because purchasing them  allows me to regularly experience (if only a very little) the iconic brand, and own (despite very small) a product from the current collection. It feels good. I enjoy wearing the product more so than I would if it were another brand. Yep, I confess - I have been “Chaneled”, or in other words,  I’m that sold on the brand, I’m a loyal advocate. I can find all the justifications in the world to pay £18 for a 13ml nail colour. 
This honesty is especially important when reviewing or discussing designer branded cosmetics. So I put my hands up, when it comes to my blogs about Chanel, you will find it’s less review, and more gushing. 
Now I've “fessed up”, lets move on to my current Chanel love. Collection Superstition is the autumn 2013 colour collection inspired by Gabrielle Chanel’s love for symbols of good fortune.

The enchanting make-up collection includes three nail shades - Alchimie, Elixir and Mysterious.
The limited edition shade, Alchimie, is my nail colour choice of the season. An unusual shade described by Chanel as golden khaki, it’s a metallic greenish gold with yellow undertones perfect for autumn and winter. 
The colour green contains the powerful energies of nature, growth, and the desire to expand or increase; gold symbolises health, wealth and success; and yellow is associated with joy and happiness, which could explain why it feels so good to wear this unique hue. 
It’s exactly what I want from a nail colour at this time of year. As the colours of nature change to deeper, richer shades, my nails tend to follow this natural fashion. 
Alchimie is super sparkly and two coats are enough, but I’ve been using three for more intense colour, and sealing with my favourite topcoat - Seche Vite. Because it’s a metallic polish, the finish is prone to brushstrokes so careful application using as few strokes as possible is important, and for best results be sure to use a high shine topcoat. 
The other two shades in the collection are good all year round colour choices.  Mysterious is a dark olive green with brown undertones, and Elixir is a medium rose with a hint of beige which adds that Chanel class. 

Which Superstiton shade is your favourite?

I shall leave you with a short video by Chanel showcasing their top five timeless nail colours. I love it (of course).
RG x


FILM

LES COULEURS CULTE DE CHANEL






Why not assert your style with a Couleur Culte? Discover Chanel's five timeless nail polish colors. More on http://www.chanel.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment